Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

#FF: Feature and Follow Friday: June 26, 2015


RULES

To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn't have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
  6. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  7. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  8. If you're new to the Follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

Question of the Week: Is there a book that you were required to read in school that you actually loved? - Suggested byNatalie Hearts Books
I think an easier question would be, was there a book you were required to read that you hated?I mean, seriously...we are all readers here, right? We are more likely to like required reading than dislike it. The books I loved that have stayed with me are: 
  • A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle
  • Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
  • To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
There is a book I disliked that I still dislike...A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. The line "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." Still makes me want to run and cower. There are not many Shakespeare plays I do not like, but I still don't like reading Julius Caesar. 

Amy books you remember hating or loving? Any books still stay with you years after you read it?


8 comments:

  1. 'A Wrinkle in Time' looks quite interesting. I wish I could have read it at school.

    New follower on Bloglovin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved To Kill a Mockingbird, but I've never read the other two books you listed.

    New follower.

    My FF: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/06/feature-follow-friday-required-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following! Following back :)

      Delete
  3. I was never required to read To Kill a Mockingbird, but I'm so glad I read it anyway! I had to read a ton of Shakespeare in school too. Old follower and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've become very ruthless about letting go of books I don't enjoy -- possibly because of school and being required to read many books I didn't enjoy and these days, realising there are other books out there I could be enjoying instead of just reading something for sort of the sake of it? There were a couple of books where I was just turning the page for the sake of turning them and not registering anything I was reading. I got so furstrated until I let myself stop reading it. Dickens is one particular author I CAN'T stand reading. Or watching. Or anything. Nope *shakes head* lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the kid that took the summer reading list and read the entire list, then chose my favorite two to do the reports on, lol. I think I just showed my geekiness.

      Delete
  5. Hopping through. I didn't like A Tale of Two Cities either, but I think that's mostly because I had to read a large portion of it over Christmas break. And of course, I didn't start it until the day before we had to go back.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete