Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

#REVIEW: What Would Jesus Post? By Brian D Wassom


Title: What Would Jesus Post? Seven Principles Christians Should Follow in Social Media
Author: Brian D Wassom
Series: none
Pages: 112
Publisher: WestBow Press
Published Date: November 10, 2013
ISBN: 978-1-49081-163-5
Add to: Goodreads
Buy it: West Bow Press

Rating: 5 stars

Synopsis: Social media gives each of us enormous power to influence others for good or ill. But far too many Christians ignore the opportunities and undermine their own reputations through thoughtless words shared online. This book comes directly from the author’s experiences as an attorney and a church leader and offers seven simple guidelines for exercising Biblical wisdom in social media.

My Review: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I seriously think anyone on any social media site should read this book and take every lesson to heart. Me included! I am awful when it comes to social media. The things I post, the things I like, retweet, re-pin, the comments I make. And oh, the distractions!
But how can we as Christians act appropriately when we are being slammed on every side and then some, with social media?
In the seven lessons the author puts forth, he backs them up with numerous related Bible quotes that really make each of these hit home.
It is so easy to get caught up in the idea that we are both in our insulated little worlds, and yet wanting to reach out to the greater world as the social creatures God has made us.  It is so easy to forget our words, likes, tweets, can do permanent damage to others, even in our most innocent of interactions.
I have found myself in the last few days trying to put these lessons into action on my social media accounts.
I think if everyone who read this book, would make a concerted effort to follow these lessons, perhaps we might reach out into social media land and make a positive influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment