Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2016

#REVIEW: NIV Beautiful Word Bible, Hardcover

Title: NIV Beautiful Word Bible
Series: none
Publisher: Zondervan
Published date: Feb 2, 2016
ISBN: 9780310444268
Pages: 1472
Form: Hardcover
Genre: Bibles
Buy it: Amazon | Zondervan
Synopsis: Be drawn into God’s Word through a fresh, creative expression of the beautiful words of God. Crafted on high-quality paper and balanced with inspiring full-color art and blank space, the NIV Beautiful Word Bible will encourage a deeper and more authentic quiet time. With 500 verses illustrated to help you see the rich diversity of stories, characters, prophecies, rewards, and hope contained within Scripture, you will discover wisdom to sustain you in every season, drawing you deeper into God’s life-changing and inspired Word.
Features include:
  • Single-column text of the New International Version (NIV)
  • 500 full-color illustrated verses
  • Wide margins and high-quality paper for notes, journal entries or artwork
  • Index of illustrated Scripture passages
(video from publisher)

My Rating: 4 stars

My Review: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review from the publisher.
I find this Bible is pretty compact in height and width at 8.25" by 6.6", however, because of the heavier paper used for the illustrations and such, it is a heavier Bible, weighing in at almost 2.5 pounds.
I was a little disappointed when I received this Bible and thumbed through it. I was hoping for a little less color on the artwork, so that I myself could color in more. That disappointment was offset by the fact that there are lines in the wide margins for notetaking, which I absolutely love because I am definitely a note taker. I am happy though that someone else took the time to make the illustrations, because I definitely could not do anywhere near the incredible job that was done. Heck, my stick figures look deformed :).
Overall, this is a beautiful Bible, just know that these illustrations are completely colored already, so if you are looking to individualize the illustrations, it probably won't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment