Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2016

#REVIEW: My Toddler Bible by Juliette David

Title: My Toddler Bible
Author: Juliette David 
Illustrations by Chris Embleton-Hall
Publisher: Candle Books
Published Date: April 27,2016
Pages: 224
Buy it Link: Amazon

Synopsis: Fans of Chris Embleton-Hall's cheerfully distinctive artwork will be eager to see this new Bible! Twenty stories―nine from the Old Testament and eleven from the New―are retold in a concise and friendly manner in a rounded, easy-to-read font. Very, very bright, and very, very fun!

My Rating: 4 Stars

My Review: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
This book is written for ages 3-5, and as such, is colorful and full of the favorite Bible stories we have all grown up with. The book is broken down into the Old Testament and he New Testament. There are 9 stories from the Old Testament and 11 stories from the New Testament. These stories are just short enough and colorful enough to keep the attention span of a toddler, which is about the span of a gnat's.
No, this book has nothing of sin or salvation or grace in it. It does talk about disobeying God and the consequences, in a very gentle way in the Garden of Eden story. I honestly don't think these are topics appropriate for this age range, so I see nothing wrong with keeping them out.
Overall, I hint this is a very age appropriate book for toddlers to introduce them to the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment