Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2016

#REVIEW: Having a Martha Home the Mary Way by Sarah Mae

Title: Having a Martha Home the Mary Way
Author: Sarah Mae
Series: none
Publisher: Tyndale Momentum
Published Date: March 15, 2016
ISBN: 9781414372624
Pages: 256
Buy It Link: Amazon


Synopsis: Sarah Mae wants to let you in on a little secret about being a good homemaker: It’s not about having a clean house. She’d never claim to be a natural, organized cleaner herself―yet, like you, she wants a beautiful space to call home, a place where people feel loved and at peace. Where people can really settle in with good food, comfy pillows, and wide-open hearts.

Is it possible to find a balance? To care for your heart―and your home―at the same time?

Journey with Sarah Mae on this easy, practical 31-day plan to get you moving and have your house looking and feeling fresh. But even more than that, you’ll gain a new vision for the home of your dreams, and how to make it a place of peace, comfort, and community. Originally published as the e-book 31 Days to Clean and now revised and expanded in print for the first time, Having a Martha Home the Mary Way will inspire you to find a happier, healthier . . . cleaner way to live.


My Rating: 4 stars


My Review: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review from the publisher.
I will admit it right now...I'm a crappy homemaker. The idea of a Proverbs 31 wife...it scares me. I can tell you, I start out every year with the best of intentions, but by the end of week 2, I'm frazzled, exhausted and overworked. I don't want to come home after working 8-16 hours a day and then clean up after my family. I just want to put my feet up and read, or crochet, or sleep....sleep is so underappreciated.
However, this book helps bring everything into perspective, and breaks down everything into bite-sized pieces. Even after working 12 hours, surely I can spend 10 minutes in a room, right? Just put on the music and set a timer for 10 minutes. Not only does this book put everything into smaller, more manageable pieces, it also explains the how's and why's behind everything as well as centering it all around being a Godly wife, partner and mother.
I am so glad I chose this book to review.



No comments:

Post a Comment