Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

#REVIEW: NIV, Journal The Word Bible

Title: NIV, Journal The Word Bible
Publisher: Zondervan
Published Date: November 1, 2016
ISBN: 9780310445166
Pages: 1408
Buy it Link: Amazon | Zondervan

Synopsis: The NIV Journal the WordTM Bible allows you to creatively express yourself every day with plenty of room for notes or Bible art journaling next to your treasured verses. With unique and sophisticated covers, this single-column journaling edition features thick cream-colored paper with lightly ruled lines in the extra-wide margins.

My Rating: 4 1/2 ☆

My Review: I received a copy of his Bible in exchange for an honest review.
I have to say, I absolutely love his Journaling Bible. As a Bible Journaller, I don't draw. I can't draw a stick figure good enough to save my soul....my cat's stick figures look more realistic than mine! I am much more a writer than I am artist, and the faint lines help make  sure I am not writing at a slowly decreasing 10 degree angle. Yes, there are lines, but it helps me more than hinders me. I can't say that will be the same for visual artists. 
However, that being said, I love the beautiful pinkish floral cloth over paperboard. It is by far, my favorite cover, hour I can't see it holding up very well under spilled coffee, rain, or any other precipitation. This seems to be a strictly indoors, keep it away from food, type Bible.



As you can see in the pictures, there is ghosting. I was using an ultrafine black gel pen when writing. I am not sure how that may detract in the future from my usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment