Pages

Friday, December 2, 2016

#REVIEW: Candle Day By Day Bible by Juliet David

Title: Candle Day by Day Bible Desk Format
Author: Juliet David
Publisher: Lion Hudson (Kregel)
Publish Date: September 27, 2016
ISBN: 978-1781282816
Pages:368
Age Range: 5-7 years old
Buy It Link: Amazon

Synopsis: The award-winning Candle Day by Day Bible is now available in a spiral-bound desk calendar format. All of a child’s favorite stories and illustrations are easily accessible and on view all day long. One story per day.

My rating: 3 stars

My Review: I received a copy of this book in change for an honest review.
I'm not 100% sold on this desktop version of the Candle Day by Day Bible. It's nice to have something desk top for the little ones. The illustrations are colorful and not too whimsical. The readings are very short, just long enough for the super-short attention span of our young children. I am not going to make any comments on the theological accuracy of this Bible because at this point in children's understanding, I truly don't think they need very little nuance spelled out for them. Generalities are perfectly fine.
The one thing I didn't like about it was that it was double-sided. What if one of my kids accidentally tore it out, or wanted to put it up on their wall because it was their favorite illustration or story? Also, the paper seems to be a little fragile, especially with little kids around.

No comments:

Post a Comment