Published Date: January 3, 2017
Buy It Link: Zondervan | Amazon
Sixty-Six Books. One Story. All About One Name.
Encounter the living Jesus in all of Scripture. From the Passion Movement, The Jesus Bible, NIV Edition, with exclusive articles from Louie Giglio, Max Lucado, John Piper, Ravi Zacharias, and Randy Alcorn, lifts Jesus up as the lead story of the Bible.
Profound yet accessible study features help you meet Jesus throughout Scripture. See him in every book so that you may know him more intimately, love him more passionately, and walk with him more faithfully.
- Introduction by Louie Giglio
- 66 book introductions highlight the story of Jesus in every book
- 7 compelling essays on the grand narrative of Scripture by Louie Giglio, Max Lucado, John Piper, Ravi Zacharias, and Randy Alcorn guiding you to treasure Jesus and encourage you to faithfully follow him as you participate in his story
- Over 300 full-page articles and nearly 700 sidebar articles reveal Jesus throughout all of Scripture
- Single-column text of the most read, most trusted modern-English Bible—the New International Version (NIV)
- Wide-margin room for notes and journaling throughout
- NIV dictionary-concordance
- Ribbon marker
- 7-point text size
- 8.25" x 6.50" x 2.00"
My rating: 4 stars
My Review: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
First impressions of this Bible are nice. It is gray cloth over board, making it feel sturdy and look sleek and modern. A silver ribbon marker allows you to keep your place in the Bible. As someone who loves to write and journal in her Bible, I didn't find this Bible to have the wide margins that it claims to have. That was very disappointing. I don't have huge writing, but the space given barely seemed to give me enough space to write.
I did enjoy how that within each of the books of this Bible, it had sidebar articles explain how Jesus was a constant theme throughout the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. The typeset is rather small at 7 point, but it is clean with only one column, and so far, easy to read.
Overall, this is a nice Bible, but for someone who writes in their Bible, I wouldn't get it for them.